Insurance and Billing
Click on the following links to learn about Your Financial Information and Responsibility.
Patients and prospective patients may request from this facility and other health care providers a more personalized estimate of charges and other information. Patients and prospective patients should contact each health are practitioner who will provide services in the ASC to determine the healh insurers and health maintenance organizations with which the health care practitioner participates as a network provider or preferred provider.
Your Facility Fee Includes:
- Procedure Room
- Recovery Room
- Medical Equipment
- Medications and Supplies
The Facility Fee DOES NOT Include:
- Physician Fees
- Anesthesiologist Fees
- Laboratory Testing
- 23-hour Stay for Observation (if needed)
Services may be provided in this health care facility by the facility as well as by other health care providers who may separately bill the patient and who may or may not participate with the same health insurers or health maintenance organizations as the facility.
Payments can be made by cash, check, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, or Care Credit.
- Your Medicare and secondary insurance cards are required at time of admission.
- Naples Day Surgery will accept the amount that Medicare allows for your approved procedure. Medicare will pay 80% of the allowed amount. The remaining 20% will be your responsibility and/or that of your secondary insurance company.
- If you do not have a secondary insurance company, you will be asked to pay your 20% portion at the time of your admission.
- You can expect your first statement from Naples Day Surgery 30 days after your secondary insurance carrier has been billed. If you do not have a secondary insurance carrier and /or you were not able to remit your portion at admission, your first statement will arrive shortly after your procedure date.
- It has been our experience that a procedure not paid by Medicare is also not paid by secondary carriers. In this instance, you may be responsible for a portion of the total fee.
- Naples Day Surgery will make every effort to contact your insurance company prior to your procedure to verify your coverage. This verification does not constitute a guarantee of payment by your insurance company.
- Your deductible and any portion not covered by your insurance company is due at admission.
- Your insurance company will be billed two days after your procedure. You can expect your statement 30 days later. If payment is not received from your insurance company within 45 days, the balance of your account will become your full responsibility.
Treatment Authorization / Pre-certifications
Please make sure that you familiarize yourself with any treatment authorization or pre-certification that may be required by your insurance company or reimbursement agent. Your insurance company may deny your claim or apply a penalty without proper authorization initiated by your physician.
If your primary or secondary insurance company is a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO), you will be responsible for obtaining all authorizations and/or pre-certifications from your primary care physician.
Self Pay Accounts:
You will be asked to prepay all charges at the time of admission. If you need financial assistance, payment plans may be arranged through Care Credit.
- If you are eligible for Medicaid at the time of admission, we will bill Medicaid for all charges. Your Medicaid card is required at the time of admission.
- If you are eligible under the Medically Needy Program (or are attempting to obtain Medicaid), you will need to have your caseworker contact Naples Day Surgery at 263-3863 so that your eligibility can be verified. After your procedure, we will send you a copy of your medical claim. This claim must be delivered to your caseworker in order to determine your eligibility.
- If you are ineligible for Medicaid, you will be responsible for the entire balance.
Your Workers' Compensation claim must be authorized prior to your procedure. Please provide our Patient Representative with the name, address, and phone number of your insurance company and adjuster so that we may obtain the required authorization.
If your surgery is due to an accident and you are involved in litigation, you will be responsible for 50% of your surgical fees. A Naples Day Surgery Letter of Protection signed by you and your attorney will cover the remaining portion. If you are unable to acquire this Letter of Protection signed by your attorney, you will be responsible for your balance in full.
Your Insurance Representative:
To assist you through the billing process, you may contact one of our Insurance Representatives at 239-552-4545.
To assist you with your billing questions, you may contact the following providers:
|Anesthesia||Collier Anesthesia Group||
1336 Creekside Blvd,
Naples, FL 34108
|Laboratory||Quest Diagnostic Services, Inc.||
11121 Health Park Blvd
Naples, FL 34110
|Pathology||Pathology Professional Services||
El Paso, TX 79902
|Imaging||Naples Diagnostic Imaging Center||
1715 Medical Blvd
Naples, FL 34110
|Radiologist||Naples Radiologist, P.A.||
1441 Ridge St
Naples, FL 34103
|Observation||North Collier / NCH||
11190 Health Park Blvd
Naples, FL 34110
4351 Tamiami Trail N
Naples, FL 34103
|Oncology||21st Century Oncology||
2270 Colonial Blvd
Fort Myers, FL 33907
5610 W Lasalle St
Tampa, FL 33607